Prayers for the survivors of Supertyphoon Haiyan (also known as Yolanda)
Please help if you are moved to do so!
These are times we often feel the urge to help from a distance, and you likely are already finding ways to support those in need. If you wish to help, please consider joining our support of Direct Relief International by making a donation on their website. We also want to share a list of organizations and links compiled from news sources to provide options for charitable giving that will make a difference to typhoon survivors:
- CARE‘s emergency response teams are coordinating with local partners in the Philippines to provide food, water, shelter and health care and in Vietnam. Donate on their website, by phone at 1-800-521-2273 within the United States, or +1-404-681-2252 outside the U.S.
- ChildFund International is distributing clean water, food, blankets and other emergency aid items; and is setting up child-centered spaces in evacuation centers to offer counseling and relief for children and their families. Donate online.
- Convoy of Hope is shipping containers full of food and supplies to the Philippines. Donate on their website or call 1-417-823-8998.
- Habitat for Humanity is providing shelter repair kits to rebuild damaged homes. Donate online to Re-Build Philippines Fund or to the Disaster Response Fund, or call 1-800-HABITAT.
- International Medical Corps is also on the ground to help assess damage and is accepting donations on its emergency-response page for Haiyan relief.
- Mercy Corps is delivering food, water, temporary shelter and other basic supplies. Donate through their website, PayPal, or by calling 1-888-747-7440.
- Oxfam has emergency responders on the ground to assist with relief support. Donate online to the Typhoon Haiyan Relief and Recovery Fund, or by phone at 1-800-776-9326.
- The Philippine Red Cross has deployed rescue and relief teams and is providing a tracking service for family members looking for missing people. Donate by selecting the Supertyphoon Yolanda campaign on their donation page, or donate through The American Red Cross.
- Samaritan’s Purse has sent disaster relief specialists to deliver immediate aid and launched the Philippines Emergency Relief fund. Donate online or by phone at 1-828-262-1980.
- Save the Children is offering disaster relief support for children in the Philippines, Laos and Vietnam after Typhoon Haiyan. Donate online to Philippines Annual Monsoon and Typhoon Children in Emergency Fund or call 1-800-728-3843.
- ShelterBox was already in the Philippines providing shelter after the October 15 7.2 earthquake, and is expanding operations to provide tents and essential equipment for families left homeless after Typhoon Haiyan. Donate online or by calling 1-941-907-6036.
- UNICEF is supporting relief efforts by helping displaced families find access to shelter, clean water, food and vaccines. Donate online, call 1-800-367-5437 or text RELIEF to 864233.
- The World Food Programme is mobilizing to deliver nutrition and relief supplies, and is accepting donations online or by phone at 1-202-747-0722 or +39-06-65131 outside the U.S.
This is a region in great pain. Countless lives have been lost, and surviving family members are grieving and striving to endure. They are people just like us: brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, mothers and fathers whose only wish was to live peacefully before the storm changed their lives. Whole communities, transportation and communication networks, and places of business (and sources of income for residents) have been destroyed or badly compromised.